Build Water Wells
The Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihe wa sallam) said: “Whoever digs a well will receive reward from Allaah on the Day of Judgement when anyone from amongst the jinn, men and birds drink from it” (Bukhari and Muslim)
Water is essential for life as it is vital for drinking as well as for crops and cleanliness. Clean water is vital for drinking, growing food and keeping clean. However, if the water is contaminated, it can be a cause of disease and ultimately death. Approximately 800 million people have no access to clean water, with women in Africa having to walk many miles daily to collect water that may not necessarily be clean. Invitation to Islam constructs water wells to provide clean water to entire villages, where they previously had little access to clean water.
Invitation to Islam constructs water wells to provide clean water to entire villages, where they previously had little access to clean water.
- We identify a spot where a well is most needed
- We identify if water is present using special equipment
- We begin to dig the well
- When the well is fully constructed a sign board with the sponsor’s name is placed next to the well.
- Pictures of the well are sent to the sponsors
There are two types of wells
- 15 – 25 meters deep
- Can benefit up to 500 people in a village
- Cost £1,000
- 60 – 80 meters deep
- Water goes out to different locations
- What can it benefit?
- Cost £7,000
- Water tank
- Pipes linked to Masjid & School
- Surrounding houses can link their pipe to it
- This well benefits not only the villagers, but also provides water for plantations and crops