About Invitation to Islam
Invitation to Islam is a small organisation started by students studying various Islamic subjects in 1993, the students; most of whom had travelled from their many countries had come together to work for the sake of Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala.
This work had created a unique melting pot of cultures, races and languages that together had identified a number of opportunities that would help those from disadvantaged backgrounds as well as those who were not Muslim experience the beauty of Islam.
In identifying the required work, a number of issues have been considered such as, deprivation, rural isolation and social exclusion. To redress the issues Invitation to Islam has decided to work towards establishing Islamic support centres and mosques, publish, print and distribute free literature in a range of languages and provide free learning materials. Allhumdulillah, to date a number of initiatives have been undertaken but there is always much more to do.
The key areas in which Invitation to Islam will work inshaAllah are:
- To support students on their return to their native countries so that the knowledge they have obtained can be cascaded to other Muslims
- To fund the establishment of Mosques and schools in areas of deprivation
- To build wells in order to provide clean drinking water in deprived areas.
- To distribute zakah and sadaqah where needed.
- To make available free Islamic literature in areas of need
- To provide a range of learning materials
May Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala help us in spreading the light of Islam, place sincerity in our hearts and accept our efforts, Ameen!